1) You don’t have to waste 15 minutes scraping the ice off the car. You have therefore, 15 minutes to lounge around in bed, and having a better quality of life.
2) Your mode of transport will start first time (generally!)
3) You don’t have to waste even more time queuing at the petrol station, where it’ll be freezing.
4) If you’re commuting, you can easily park your bicycle at the station, which for me, is near the front of the station. On a freezing day, you don’t want to waste valuable time trying to find a parking spot, which happens to be at the end of the car park, in a tight corner.
5) You whizx past the miserable motorists stuck in queues and no one moans about you being late for work, because you won’t be (unless of course, you take South Eastern Trains).