You have to be quick because of the deadline. I only saw this ad in the European Cycling Federation this evening (www.ecf.com) and it’s a job in Brussels (so you can emigrate from Car Supremascist & polluted Britain at last! Although you may have to put up with Eurotrash but even that’s better than being here sometimes.
“Vacancy ECF Project Manager
ECF is looking to fill the position of a Project Manager in its Brussels office. The deadline for application is 1 March.
ECF Project Manager
Overview: ECF seeks a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven project manager. The first project to manage is the ECF part of the 3-years EU project on “Promoting cycling for everyone as daily transport mode” (Presto). The project starts 1st of May 2009 and will focus on three main pillars:
1) Infrastructure planning: Show how to develop sound plans for better and safer cycling
2) Promotional “soft measures”: Show how to develop plans for better and safer cycling conditions
3) Promotion of Electric Bicycles.
The ECF is in this project a partner of a European-wide consortium, consisting, among other, of 5 cities. As umbrella federation of some 56 members in 38 countries, ECF will have a strong role to play in communication and dissemination of the project results. Outside the project, ECF’s main goal is to promote cycling as a daily means of transportation and for leisure and tourism. ECF project managers will be involved in general promotion and lobby work or other projects, besides their ‘own’ project. More info: http://www.ecf.com
Principal Role and Responsibility in the 1st project:
• To further shape and develop the plans for this project;
• To manage the Presto-project, in close cooperation with the consortium partners, ensuring that all work streams are delivered in time and on budget;
• To be the main ECF point of co-ordination for the project, reporting to the ECF Secretary General;
• To take the lead in communication about the project internally and externally as required;
• To manage the project budget and project plan.
• Knowledge / Job Specific Competencies:
o Significant experience in the management of complex EU projects to time and to budget
o Experience and knowledge of sustainable mobility/ cycling policy issues
o Experience with communication tools
• Professional skills:
o Outstanding communication and presentation skills
o Fluent written and spoken English. Must speak at least one other EU language fluently;
o Excellent interpersonal, networking and team-working skills, flexibility, and reliability;
o Willingness to travel.
Terms and Conditions:
• Duration of contract: unlimited, subject to a 6 month trial period
• This is a full-time position (= 38 hours a week; 80% of fulltime is possible if requested)
• The role is based in the ECF office in Brussels;
• The working language is English;
• Salary: between 39.000 bruto salary p.a. and maximum 42.500 after the third year; excl. Belgian index
• 30 days annual leave per annum pro rata.
• Start of employment: 1st of May 2009 or as soon as possible.
Application, in the form of the filled-in form (see attachment), a letter of motivation and Curriculum vitae, should be submitted in one pdf-file via e-mail to email@example.com, citing “Vacancy ECF Project Manager” in the subject field.
The deadline for completed applications is 1st of March 2009.